by Ging Flores
For basketball fans everywhere, UAAP Season 77 MVP Kiefer Ravena of the Ateneo Blue Eagles is truly an act to follow. Playing basketball from an early age, kahanga-hanga ang kanyang rise to basketball stardom.
Image mula sa www.abs-cbnnews.com/lifestyle/10/23/12/getting-know-ateneos-kiefer-ravena
Kasalukuyang King Eagle or team captain ng Ateneo Blue Eagles si Kiefer. Ang dedication at passion niya sa kanyang paglalaro as point guard of the team ay nagsisilbing inspiration at modelo para sa mga kabataan.
Ngunit, sino naman ang hinahangaan at nagsisilbing inspiration ni Kiefer?
Kiefer’s inspiration: Mika Reyes
Image mula sa twitter.com/kieferravena
Kiefer is currently in a relationship with the star player of the De La Salle University volleyball team Mika Reyes. Maski pa nag-aaral sila sa rival schools, hindi ito naging issue sa pagsasama nila. One quick Google search will show us that he’s very much in love and is not shy or afraid to show it to the world.
Image mula sa twitter.com/kieferravena
Here are Kiefer’s pointers on how to have a succesful, winning relationship:
1. Be inspired. “Having a lovelife is okay, as long as it serves as an inspiration, and you don’t get distracted. “
2. Prioritize. Ayon sa 20-year old star player, “Everything can be balanced as long as you know your priorities, and your partner knows her priorities as well.”
3. Be understanding and supportive. When asked about his ideal girl, the six-footer answers straight ahead na ang gusto niya, matangkad, sweet, at loyal.
But, aside from this, his face lights up when after some thought, he also adds, “nakakaintindi.”
Due to his busy schedule, balancing time for studies, sports, and time with his family, dapat daw ang girl ay understanding. “Hindi biro ang maging athlete — maraming sacrifice ang kailangan kaya dapat dedicated ka. It’s important that the girl understands this and supports this.”
4. Have a simple girl and an uncomplicated relationship. He also states that ang gusto niya sa babae, yung simple lang. “Yung magaan dalhin.” Kapag high-maintenance ang karelasyon, mahirap magtagal ang pagsasama. Kailangan sa partner ay iyong hindi nagco-complicate ng buhay.
5. Get along with the family. According to him, it’s also important that his girlfriend gets along with his parents and siblings. “Being an athlete – tulad ni Mika – is also a big plus.”
As a son of 1992 PBA Rookie of the Year Bong Ravena and former UST Golden Tigress volleyball star and current volleyball analyst Mozzy Crisologo-Ravena, sports plays a big role in his family life. His siblings Thirdy and Dani are also athletes- Thirdy is his teammate in the Blue Eagles and Dani is a volleyball star currently playing for the Miriam College Knollers. Having an athlete girlfriend ay perfect sa kanyang buhay-sports.
Kiefer and his family, L-R:- Dad Coach Bong Ravena, Mom Mozzy Crisologo-Ravena, Kiefer, sister Dani, and brother Thirdy Image from Philip Sison
Asked about his showbiz crushes, he answers, “wala naman talaga.” However, he says that ang pinaka-crush na raw niya siguro ay sina actress and tv host Anne Curtis, at models Solenn Heusaff and Isabelle Daza. “Mahilig po kasi ako sa matatangkad, so plus factor talaga ang matatangkad, pati po pala si Georgina Wilson, sila talaga ang top of the list.”
On settling down: hindi dapat nagmamadali
Kiefer says that hindi minamadali ang pag-aasawa. Mayroon na nga raw siyang na-set na game plan para rito.
His preferred age for marriage is between the ages of 28-30. He believes na ito ang pinaka-stable na age para makapag-asawa. He’ll be able to handle himself better and balance everything in his life. Like in sports, preparation is important.
“Mahirap yung nagmamadali,” he says animatedly, then suddenly adds, “magugulat ka na ganito pala ang totoong buhay — you pay your bills, your electricity, water — lahat!”
For the time being, sabi niya, “It’s best na i-enjoy ko muna kung ano ang meron ako, yung mga pinaghirapan ko. I want to enjoy it with my family.”
Sa galaw niya sa court, Kiefer is truly a role model and an inspiration for those who are really into basketball. His views on life and love show that even at an early age, he’s really in control of the ball. And, like his mom and dad, Kiefer might also be on the way to a winning, sporty lovelife!