Mga #kasambuhay, paano nga ba natin maiintindihan ang ating mga anak? Particularly when our children start going to school, there are times when talking to them becomes more difficult due to peer pressure and other factors.
Sa aming interview sa Turo-Turo sa DZMM, nagbigay ng tips ang guidance counselors na sina Ms. Dolly Manulan (St. Theresa’s College), Prof. Miguelito Relente (FEU), at Dr. Nino Mateo (Phil. Guidance & Counseling Asso.) on how to better communicate with our children:
1. Talking to our children is not a ‘one-time big-time’ thing. Dapat may constant kuwentuhan para updated tayo parati sa mga nangyayari sa ating mga anak.
2. Have regular family chats over breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is during these casual sharings when you’re able to slowly impart life skills to your kids without sounding like you’re giving a lecture.
3. For those with children of different ages, parents are the ones who will adjust their style and approach, based on the age and personality of their children. Hindi ang mga bata ang mag-aadjust sa kanilang magulang.
4. Regularly communicate with the guidance counselors of your children’s schools. Hindi kailangang may problema sa pamilya para makipag-usap sa guidance counselor. Sapat na ang simpleng kumustahan ukol sa kalagayan ng ating mga anak.
5. Be patient in listening to our children’s stories. Mahalaga na maramdaman niyang nakikinig ka at naiintindihan mo ang saloobin niya.
Sharing with you this video entitled, “Upbringing of children is a parentís responsibility. Don’t let others do this for you. Or one day, you will lose them.”
Letís treasure every moment with our children. Invest time and love!
Be informed! Be involved!
FB: Jing Castaneda ABSCBN
Video from Facebook of Issam Bayan